Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tinkerbell-Princess Birthday Cake

So this blog is a few months past due. Natalie had her 4th birthday at the end of September and I tried my hand at the doll cake. I used the Pampered Chef recipe and glass mixing bowl. This worked great because I could bake the cake in the glass bowl and it came out no problem. Here is the cake before I Tinkerbell was shoved down into the cake.
That is exactly what I did too. I took Tinkerbell (the doll of choice this year) and pushed her down in the middle.
I bought premade frositing for the skirt and added green food coloring to make it match the doll. Wax paper on the plate works well so that after I finished frosing and removed the paper the plate was perfectly clean. I also attempted for the first time using cake decorating tips. This was a ton of fun and I enjoyed trying various tips to make different designs. The frosting for this step I made from scratch so that it would be the perfect consistency and added blue and red food coloring until it was the right shade of purple. I did add some purple sparkles to the skirt too.
Natalie loves to have a theme for her parties. Where does she get that from? So this year's Tinkerbell, green and purple theme was a hit. The cake tasted great too. There was even extra cake for the next few days.


1 comment:

  1. Liking this cake! Will order the same for my daughter's birthday too. Thinking of hiring a party venue this time instead of house get together. Party supplies at venues are cheaper and quicker. Will order favors and return gifts for kids also. Some themes and dresses are on hunt for the little one. Quiet excited for the day.

    ReplyDelete