Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week is this week and I am having so much fun creating gifts for my kids' teachers.
Most of these ideas were inspired from A Bushel and A Peck. Check them out at her blog. My goal was to give their teacher's something everyday, but not something so large that became a huge cost for our family.

DAY 1
First up was these glass mason jars filled with pencils. I used my Cricut to cut out the teacher's name and stick on the jar. This was on vinyl...my new favorite thing to cut out with my Cricut. My kids handed them to their teacher at the end of Monday's school day.  

The tags are compliments of the same blog! Thanks a Bushel and a Peck.
Hayden and Natalie had a great time cutting out the tags. They insisted that some left over chocolates should go in the jar too.

DAY 2
Swedish fish with the cute tag for day 2. So easy and a truly sweet treat!
DAY 3
A bottle of water with two juice powders attached. Really fun to gift. I've done this type of gift before and it was a big hit!
DAY 4
Who doesn't love rootbeer? I'm a school teacher myself and would love these cute ideas and fun treats.
DAY 5
Personalized Hand Sanitizer is by far my favorite gift. I plan to do this one over and over again. Not sure who will be getting this gift yet, but love it! I typed up my own saying, which I borrowed from Room Mom 101. Thans for the idea! I printed it first on white paper, then photo copied it onto the clear transparency paper. Then I cut it to fit inside the bottle and I was done!

 So the only other item that is left is for one of the teachers and then my daughter's piano teacher, which would be the glass container filled with chocolate candys. The poem I'm pretty sure I found online, but can't recall where. 

One other thing...I was inspired to pass the joy of teacher appreciation to the music teacher at our school. Thanks again Room Mom 101! So my students and I decorated her door on Monday! It turned out very cute and she was seriously surprised. :)
 
If you can't read this, it says, "You make our hearts sing!"

1 comment: