Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sundress Woohoo!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Successful "Sewing Day" Project #2: Sundress

My second inspiration today came from Lil Blue Boo blogspot. A simple sundress idea and tutorial got me started and now at the end of the day my daughter has two of them.
Sundress tutorial

Since Natalie loves pink, I knew I had to make a pink dress, but struggled finding fabric that wasn't too grown up. To my fortune I found the perfect print.

It however, was not pink.



I think the dress with cherries has become my favorite, but of course I did find pink fabric and made her a second dress in her favorite color.



I also did variations to this project. I added the flower and button with removable safety pin and a bottom band to tie the whole dress together. I used the serger again rather than double folding (super quick). These were so easy and fun to make, not to mention to give to Natalie and see her bright smile.

2 comments:

  1. These are really cute. Take a pic of Nat in one of them. I want to see her with her new pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so cute I love everythin you have done so far and I can't wait to see more. I will call you so we can get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete