Friday, January 1, 2010

Toy Bags

Organization is the name of the game. My son has too many toys to start, which we will purge eventually. For now though, my goal is to get the toys that have many small parts in the proper bags. So I followed this tutorial at Motherhood for Dummies and made some bags. The fabric I used was a soft denim. I used scrap ribbon or left over canvas like string for the drawstrings. I added felt letters on the front so my son would know which bag was for what toys. Since he is 5 now, the letter-sound correspondence will be great practice too 9T=Trucks, L=Lincoln Logs, B=Blocks). I also tacked down the drawstrings in the back so that he could pull them out by accident. As you can see, they are already being used!

1 comment:

  1. Hey those turned out great! Im so glad that you shared them! :)

    ReplyDelete